Garbage Disposal Replacement in Lawrenceville
Garbage Disposal Replacement in Lawrenceville
Sometimes a garbage disposal doesn't work like it used to. Maybe you had some work done or have been using it more than ever, and something in the unit is broken. A garbage disposal problem is often no big deal, requiring merely changing an inexpensive part that has worn out with use. However, there are other times when the garbage disposal must be dissembled and repaired, perhaps even replaced. If warranted, Mr. Rooter Plumbing can help assess the situation and proceed with a garbage disposal replacement in Lawrenceville, GA.
When you need a garbage disposal repair, replacement, or installation in Lawrenceville, GA - look no further than Mr. Rooter Plumbing. We have years of experience in home plumbing services and can deliver outstanding results for your home. Our professional techs have the tools and knowledge to ensure you get exactly the kitchen sink disposal replacement you need to make your kitchen sink run better than ever!
Schedule Your Lawrenceville Plumbing Repair Now!
Benefits Of a Garbage Disposal
- Preventing Clogged Pipes - When you use the garbage disposal on your food waste instead of putting it down the sink or toilet, you prevent clogging issues with your pipes that could cause costly repairs or replacements altogether.
- Preventing Odors - Running water over food waste in the sink can cause odors to build up in your drain. A garbage disposal will ensure that nothing is left behind after running water through your drain, preventing any potential odor problems from building up in your sink.
- Financial Savings - A garbage disposal will help you save money because you will no longer be putting food scraps in the trash. The result is fewer trash bags and lowered waste fees.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions - Food waste is one of the most significant contributors to landfills, so using a garbage disposal can help reduce the amount of waste. When organic material breaks down in landfills, it produces methane gas, contributing to global warming and other environmental problems. A garbage disposal helps reduce carbon emissions by preventing food waste from ending in landfills where it can break down and release harmful gases into our atmosphere.
- Easy Cleanup - When using a garbage disposal, you don't have to worry about large amounts of food waste going into the trash and landfills. Cleanup becomes easier.
Are You Considering a Garbage Disposal Installation?
Let the experts at Mr. Rooter help!
- Avoid putting large items like bones, fruit pits, or potato peels down the drain. These items can clog up your plumbing system.
- Do not put grease down the sink drain or dispose of oil with water. Grease can coat the inside of your pipes and cause clogs over time. Also, grease can pollute rivers and lakes if it gets into storm drains.
- Keep the drain line clear and free of debris and food particles.
- Rinse out the unit after every use.
- Clean the blades with a toothbrush or other non-abrasive brush every few months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Purpose Of a Garbage Disposal?
A garbage disposal is a device installed under the sink to make it easier to dispose of food waste. It grinds food scraps into tiny particles that can be washed away during a normal drain cycle. Garbage disposals are a handy kitchen appliance and can make your life much easier. They are often considered a luxury; however, garbage disposals are usually more of a necessity than anything else. It's a corkscrew-shaped blade that works much like a blender, chopping up food and sending it down the drain. The waste passes through the pipe and is treated at a sewage treatment plant before being discharged into local waterways. The food waste passes into your septic tank if you have a septic system.
What Situations Necessitate a Garbage Disposal Repair?
- Age: If your garbage disposal is more than 15 years old, it may not be worth fixing. Older models don't have the same efficiency and power as newer ones.
- Cost: If you're looking at replacing your old garbage disposal with a new one, make sure it's not cheaper to fix what you've got instead of buying something new. Some homes may already have an under-sink plumbing setup that includes a dishwasher drain line and a drain pipe, where a repair may be the better option.
- Blockage: Sometimes, the garbage disposal has a blockage that isn't broken. Mr. Rooter Plumbing can clear the blockage, and your garbage disposal is good as new.
- Another Plumbing Feature Is The Problem: It could be that you do need a repair but of your plumbing, not your garbage disposal. Or perhaps your septic tank is the issue - sometimes the problem isn't as clear as it may seem at first glance.
Do I Need A Garbage Disposal Replacement?
Your garbage disposal is one of the essential pieces of equipment in your home, and it can help you reduce waste and keep your kitchen clean. There are some things that you need to think about first. How old is your current unit? Is it making strange noises? Is it leaking? A replacement might be in order if you answered yes to any of these questions. If you have an older model unit leaking or malfunctioning, you could be at risk of overflowing sewage into your home. That's never a good thing! And if you continue to use it without replacing it, it could even start affecting other parts of your plumbing system. In most cases, it's recommended that homeowners replace their garbage disposals every ten years or so (depending on how often they use them). You might want to replace the disposal if:
- It's noisy when it runs.
- The blades are damaged or dull.
- The drainpipe is clogged or your sink is draining slowly.
- It isn't working correctly.
- You are remodeling your kitchen or if it is more than ten years old.